We teach several courses to a diverse audience: mathematics students, statistics students, PhD students in bioinformatics, molecular biology and medicine, post-doctoral -omics researchers, etc. Below a short overview.
- Using R for Data Analysis: Introduction to R for researchers. Teachers: Renee de Menezes, Jelle Goeman, Szymon Kielbasa, Ramin Monajemi. Locations alternate between LUMC and VUmc. Next edition: LUMC 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th June 2018 - more info and registration from here. Next VUmc edition: 28th, 29th, 31st January and 1st February 2019 (registration form VUmc edition 2019).
- Statistics for Omics, VUmc. Previous edition: 6th, 9th, 10th February 2017. Next edition: probably early 2019. PhD students course, but researchers in general can also take part. Participants learn and apply methods to experimental data, making use of R and BioConductor packages. Topics: Exploratory analysis and visualisation (Clustering, PCA),Differential expression testing for count data, multiple testing, prediction/classification, networks, integrative analyses. Teachers: Renee de Menezes, Carel Peeters, Mark van de Wiel, Wessel van Wieringen.
- High-Dimensional Data Analysis, Statistical Science Master, Leiden University.
- Statistics for High-Dimensional Data, Mathematics Master, VU University.
Topics: penalized regression, network estimation, multiple testing, shrinkage, emprical Bayes. Teachers: Wessel van Wieringen and Mark van de Wiel.
- Statistics, Bachelor Medical Natural Sciences, VU University Amsterdam. A general introduction to statistics from elementary probablistic concepts, descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, regression, and nonparametric equivalents of the latter. Teacher: Wessel van Wieringen.
- Advanced Biostatistics. Bachelor Medical Natural Sciences, VU Amsterdam. Statistical modelling and analysis of from cellular molecular processes, using various types of graphical models: Markov chains, hidden Markov chains, phylogenetics trees, Gaussian graphical models. Teacher: Wessel van Wieringen